Friday 13 February 2009

Hibs - Kilmarnock Preview

How about Hibs v's Kilmarnock for a valentine thriller.

I honestly cannot think of a single reason why I am bothering going to this match instead of spending the day with the woman I love. Our season has been over for a while now. We have been left with nothing to play for since we dumped out the scottish cup at the beginning of january.

Like most people, most of the team included, I am going through the motions just now without actually being to passionate about the drivel which I have the misfortune to support.

It will be interesting to see how Jones and Fletcher react to not having their transfers sanctioned by the club. My own feeling is that Jones will get on with things, Fletcher on the other hand has not to the best of my recollection kicked a ball for Hibs all season and I cannot see him starting now.

Jones has been one of the few players to do well for Hibs this season. If he had left he would have been a big loss for Hibs. Last season I would personally have driven him to any club that was prepared to take him, this season though he been probably our best player. If he does leave in the summer he will be a big loss.

Fletcher on the other hand is a different story. In his own mind he is a £4 million player, but that is only in his own head. His petulance was the reason that Hibs got dumped out of the Scottish Cup this season. If for no reason than that he owes the Hibs fans big style. It might just be me but I would expect more from the highest paid player at the club.

No comments: